May 7, 2021
A reminder to all staff, Students and Stakeholder as you might be aware, there has been two confirmed cases of COVID-19 from the Eastern suburb of Sydney. Thus, this had urged us to call your attention and remind you to please follow the safety measures from the Australian government that includes;
- Maintaining a physical distance of 1.5 metres
- Scanning QR codes when you enter an establishment
- Wearing a mask if you are on a public transport or any indoor establishments (kindly wear a mask if you are attending the class on campus)
From 5 pm yesterday (6 May 2021), to 12:01 am on Monday (09 May 2021), the following restrictions are in place in Greater Sydney (including Wollongong, Central Coast and the Blue Mountains):
- Visitors to households will be limited to 20 guests – including children
- Masks will be compulsory on public transport and in all public indoor venues, such as retail, theatres, hospitals, aged care facilities and for front-of-house hospitality staff (except in a hospitality venue when eating or drinking)
- Drinking while standing up at indoor venues will not be allowed
You can read more about the COVID-19 restrictions in NSW on this link: https://www.nsw.gov.au/media-releases/covid-19-restrictions-update-6-may
You can also visit this link https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates#daily-statistics-on-cases-and-tests to see the identified venues visited by the infectious cases, and follow the instructions from the government.
Please remain vigilant and look after yourself at this time! Take care all!