Sessional ELICOS Teachers Sydney
Job Tasks And Responsibilities
Teachers at the college are required to perform the duties and abide by the professional Standards outlined below:
The English Language Centre appoints Sessional ELICOS Teachers to play an important role in the English Language Centre by preparing and delivering quality lessons that reflect best practice learning and teaching methodologies. This includes effectively integrating technology to enhance student outcomes, and adapting teaching methodology to meet the individual needs of the students, ensuring a smooth transition into their chosen pathway program.
- Work with students from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Manage classes and students effectively
- Be well prepared for each lesson
- Record attendance and class activities covered by each student each day
- Marking of student work immediately for fast turn-around time
- Maintain engagement of student in delivery method
- Advanced written, reading and oral communication skills
- Complete and maintain student training records Other duties as requested by the Academic Manager
Essential Skills And Experience
- Any combination of TESOL qualifications achieved in a Diploma, Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma, or Masters level course.
- Teaching experience of 3 years or more in ELICOS preferably in EAP
- Possible flexibility to teach in afternoon-evening classes